Tuesday, February 24, 2009

General Business

The March 1st deadline for serious players to pony up is quickly approaching. So far only 2 players (Jeff and Murray) have had the guts to buy in.

Last week I asked for suggestions for a way to let Scott play without punishing him for a late start. I had a few suggestions and the most common seems to be to give him some sort of head start. There are different ways that this was proposed, but the two most common are below. Option 1 was more popular.

Option 1. Give him the same amount of points as the last place competitor (not including Aaron since he went AWOL early and often) at the time of his first prediction. This seems the fairest since he doesn't gain an advantage on anyone in the field.

Option 2. Give him the average amount of points that everyone had scored at the time of his first prediction.

I'm leaning toward Option 1, but I want to make sure that it is an acceptable option for all involved (all that are buying in that is...so if you don't have the guts to put your money where your mouth is I don't give a damn what you think).

If you are going to buy in, let me know soon. Mail it, wire it, give it to someone who will see me, bring it to poker night (this Friday by the way) or use a carrier pidgeon. Just get it to me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment